Clarifying the Financial Picture
Real estate plays a major role in your overall financial picture. But how does it fit in among the other players like taxes, retirement savings, long-term care, inheritance and others? Your SRES® will be at your side to uncomplicate these financial relationships.
Financial Expertise for Your Entire Portfolio
Your SRES® is highly qualified to help you understand and manage the financial implications of owning real estate as someone aged 50+. They will provide you with professional recommendations, advice and support for things like reverse mortgages, taxes, assistance programs, 401Ks and more. With an SRES® by your side, you’ll have the confidence to make informed financial decisions related to your home.
If you’re at least 62 years old, you may be able to turn the value of your home into cash in your pocket. This kind of borrowing is what’s known as a reverse mortgage.
A reverse mortgage
- Is a loan against your home’s equity
- Requires no repayment as long as you reside in your home
- Is repaid when the home is sold, if you move out or when you pass away
- Can be paid to you in one lump sum, in monthly supplements or used as a line of credit
- Will never exceed the home’s value; if the home is worth less at the time of repayment than the amount borrowed you only need to pay back up to the current market value
If you need cash but don’t want to sell your home, a reverse mortgage may be right for you. Talk with your SRES® about your options. They can connect you with reverse mortgage counselors and lenders to help you determine your eligibility and the best course of action for your unique situation.
Thinking about a reverse mortgage? Reach out to an SRES® today!
Selling your home presents a variety of tax issues that can quickly become complicated. Your SRES® can help explain how the tax structure works and introduce you to legal, accounting and tax professionals that will help you maximize your home sale profits.